Screencast on the SPVM Official site

How can I get information about criminal laws and police interactions?

Introduction

Hi everybody! My name is Marc-Antoine Benoît and today, I have a great video of the subject of police enforcement and criminal laws. In fact, since I have been studying in Police Tech for about 2 years and a half now, I will explain to you how the SPVM official site works, how to use it and the best way to get quickly the information searched for. This will help anybody to quickly have access to information that is, normally, hard to find except for those, like me, who have been studying the subject for a while

Like every one, I hope to never have to face a situation where I need to interact with the police or to get information about criminal laws because, let's be honest here, nobody wants that! With that being said, if I do come across that kind of situation, as a police officer or a civilian, I would much rather have quickly access to the information that I need! That's why a tool making the information available to everyone is so useful.

Although I am not the most experienced when it comes to real-life situations where law enforcement is needed or actual criminal charges are being put on because I have yet to be in the field. I have to say that I know a lot more than I used to when it comes to laws and things of the sort. In spite of this, it's pretty much impossible for one to learn everything about the criminal code and police interactions. That's where, again, a tool giving quick access to pretty much all the information one may need is super handy!

As I said, I have been studying in the business for quite a while and this is, without a doubt, one of the best tools out there.

My goal today is pretty simple; I want to show the viewers how simple it is to have access to information about criminal laws and police interactions using the SPVM official site so when the time actually comes where one of you may need this kind of information, you will know exactly where to find it.

This tutorial will take about 3 to 5 minutes of your time but may be of big help when the time comes so please just stick around until the end guys!

So as I said before, you will be quite surprised with how fast you can reach the information you are looking for so, hang on till the end of this screencast to fully understand the inner-workings of this site,

The Problem

The problem is fairly simple here, most people don't know the law or even their rights when it comes to policing. That causes people to make mistakes that can cost a lot...

Making a mistake or getting an information wrong can particularly make a huge difference in criminal cases because one mishap can lead to a whole different verdict in the court room

Alright, so let's say you are having a great night out with friends and when coming back to your car you realize someone has stolen your phone, wallet, etc. You make it home safe but aren't to sure about what to do... Should I call the police? Should I wait until tomorrow and go directly to the police station to report the theft. Well, this is, once again, the type of problematic situation where a tool answering quickly any questions about criminal laws of all sort is really beneficial.

That's where the SPVM official sites comes in with all of the information you need!

The Quest

To get there, you simply need to open your browser (I will be using Firefox) and then type the URL which is https://spvm.qc.ca/en/Fiches/Categories in the address bar at the top of the screen in the middle.

So, first of all, the first thing you'll probably see is the big SPVM logo in the top left corner. Then, on the opposite top corner you can see a search bar that is used to search by keys words. Just under that search bar, you will also find different options that will bring you on other parts of the site but this is the page that interests us for the moment. Now, this is the ''by category' interface of the site which, if you scroll down, gives you all the information about pretty much every topic in the criminal code. All the different topics are indexed by category which, again, allows for a fastest search time.

The Solution

So, as I just explained, the solution to the problem of not having the information in hand when needed is pretty much solved by this site. You simply need to quickly search for the category you are looking for like for example; if we take the earlier situation about the car theft, I would simply need to scroll all the way down to the end of the categories, look at the choices down in the theft category and then select the appropriate option which would be, in this case, theft in a vehicle. I would, that way, have access to all the information about theft in vehicles, prevention tips and more.

The Conclusion

In conclusion, this is a pretty useful and completely free way to get information about the criminal laws and law enforcement since, as we said at the start of this screencast, it is physically impossible to retain all of this information.

So in return for this, also free, screencast, I am simply asking you to do one simple thing for me. Please consider supporting Uighur's genocide cause by either donating or by sharing articles and pictures to spread the word around. It's 2020 guys, we need to stop this nonsense, and we ought to learn from our past and the mistakes we already made.

**************************************************************

Statistics

Word count: 976

Total MP3 length: 05:32

Target structure count: 8

Error count: 10

Error density: 2%

Commentaires

Messages les plus consultés de ce blogue

Law Enforcement Glossary

Police Officer Career Summary